- Outsourcing the recovery of archives, assets lost in a crisis, including storage repository recovery and expansion.
- Outsourcing the digitization and organization of specific assets for a specific project.
- Outsourcing the cataloging, meta-tagging, and organization of your digital and physical assets, followed by training of your internal information management staff for the ongoing administration of your library from in-house.
- Outsourcing the digitization of your assets, and retaining a contracted digital asset managers as part of your IT team for the on-going administration of your asset library.
- Adding an experienced digital asset manager to compliment your in-house employees for the digitization and/or permanent administration of your library.
In Part-3 of this series, I will cover the specific skill sets for librarians in the Digital Age.
“Libraries are not made; they grow.” - Augustine Birrell